There are times where I have to reassure myself that it isn't the end, it is a new beginning.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Was Wondering...

Toward or during the end of something --anything, what goes through a person's mind? The only answer I could come up with is the thoughts I think. After a school year, I always tend to reflect, but I always tend to give feedback to myself. This school year ended better than some I have experienced. The 28th of June 2010 was the ending of my junior year, and yes, it is as hard as it is mentioned to be. The things I think about specifically are already found on an evaluation sheet.

-->Are you happy with yourself or your accomplishments?
-->What is the one thing that you remember? Why is it significant?
-->What do you want to do now?

What do you want to do now, Ashley? I think that question is the one that asks for a change for the next time around. For me, it means a lot for me to ask that from myself. They say that you are your own worst critic. Well, why not ask yourself a question like that? This past year, I saw myself be on the honor roll for the first semester, and then having it dropped ten percentage points for the second. I seen myself do my work when I needed, and I saw myself get lazy during a big project that require time and effort. I saw how I became more laid back, more organized, more social. Best of all, I was able to pick out what I would likely want to do in the future, and in the present -- somewhat. I find a love for debating and establishing an argument for defending my side of things. I made new friends while secretly losing my others. I took a six weeks long SAT Prep class that I gave half the effort to attend and focus on, leading to my not-so-satisfying SAT score of 1470. I noticed my potential at times, and the way I can be so inferior to certain people. With all this, I made plans to fix the flaws of myself, yet keep what I admire the most of me.

So, my plan is .. (and I have started already)

--> I want to take classes that set a challenge for me because I am very competitive, so I will always put all my effort to it. So, I have applied and have been accepted to two AP Classes. I will be taking AP Environmental Science and AP Composition next year.
--> I want to stay involved in school, and do something for everybody including myself. I want to be a leader, so I can feel like I make a difference. Also, I want my school to be different, and be more spirited. Therefore, I ran and been given the role as Prefect of my house. THOMAS HOUSE :] (named after Piri Thomas).
--> I do not like my SAT score -- not one bit. So, I downloaded SAT prep Apps on my iPod Touch. I have one that helps me remember 250 words that are used commonly by the SAT. I mastered about 50 words so far, and this is my second week with it.
--> I am going to get ahead of everything, so I plan to keep a state of mind in which I will be able to start my assignments when it is assigned. I will be starting my summer assignments really soon, and I plan to do what I need plus more. Also, I want to fix my college essay, and just be more organized overall.
--> This is probably the last one that comes to my mind. I will be attending JSA Summer School in Georgetown University. I mentioned how I found a love for debate, and Junior Statesman of America (JSA) helped me with finding it. I want to stay busy and active, so I applied. I am going to Georgetown from July 18 until August 8.

I think I have taken the right steps that would lead me to improve myself and my future. So, I was wondering.. What steps are you going to take, if any at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment