There are times where I have to reassure myself that it isn't the end, it is a new beginning.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Don't Forget to Look at Your Reflection!

Time is irreplaceable, but I think, as human, we keep forgetting this. Time passes, and it is time that we don't get back. Time is of the essence, people!

Time flew by for me, actually. On Monday, I would have finished my first semester in college. I couldn’t be more satisfied. It was, indeed, one tough semester as I had to adjust to college life and being independent. There are very little things I wish I could have done, but then again, I have to take it as it is. All I could do is stop and reflect to make the next time better than the last time. It is all about TIME!

You know, life is short. It can be taken from anyone at any moment, so why not make the moment last? I had to learn this tough lesson from the death of my friend, Troy Zapata. His life was shortened by the shot of a bullet, he was 15 years old. I know I mention him a lot, but he helped me see the things I see now.

I just noticed this is my second blog about the importance of time. What can I say? Time is one thing that matter to me. I think everyone should stop what they are doing and take a moment to look back at what they've done. Are you proud of it? Are you where you envisioned yourself to be? Is it a story worth telling?

Because I know mine is. I have flaws and my moments, but then again, who doesn’t? My life has been a roller coaster ride. It has been a constant struggle, an ongoing fight, but I am nowhere close to hanging up my gloves. I always take a moment to reflect, and use that as motivation to make my future. Everyone should have that mind set when it comes to time.

So…

When you pass a mirror, don’t forget to stop and look at your reflection. Because there is always something there than that little zit on your face or how big your ass looks.

Live Life & Go BEYOND it.

No comments:

Post a Comment