There are times where I have to reassure myself that it isn't the end, it is a new beginning.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

We Only Just Begun ...

I have to be honest. I always say that I will keep up with my blog, but I had so much going on that blogging wasn't on my list of things "to-do". I am here now. And I plan to give you numerous insights. So to pick up where I last left off...

"As we go on, we remember all the times we had together. And as our lives changes, from whatever, we will still be friends forever."

Graduation is a moment in our lives that makes us realize the reason we are where we are. Graduation, as cliche as it may sound, is our moment to shine because not many people make it to see the day. High School & College Graduation, I mean. Because of certain laws, many people see their elementary and middle school graduation. June 24, 2011 was the day I realized that I made it further than many people my age typically make it. The people I was graduating with was doing the same.

My Valedictorian said, in her speech, "being here ruined someone's negative agenda".

I couldn't agree more.

Mainly because there were what we called "super-seniors" sitting along with my class. Kids who couldn't graduate with the class they first enter high school with for their own personal reason. They had to work harder to get here, in my opinion. I was sitting with people without family members, without homes, without support and they made it. Graduation separates the strong and wise from the apathetic and unmotivated. Graduation is a challenge to everyone. It takes hard work, strong mindsets and lots of tolerance to rise to that challenge.

So...

When you think about your graduation, think about the moment and the people you share it with. Those people are no different than you, they all worked hard to get there. Whether it is your best friend, your enemy, your parents, or your teachers, they all are there for a reason. YOU are there for a reason. You work your butt to get there, graduation is earned. Congrats to the class of 2011. :)

Live life, and Go BEYOND it.

No comments:

Post a Comment