There are times where I have to reassure myself that it isn't the end, it is a new beginning.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Believe...

So, recently I attended a mass at my church. I am actually atheist, which means I don't believe in god. However, my family is Catholic and my grandmother usually attends church.

So my mother dragged me to church to thank god for her new job. It wasn't a wise decision on my part, but it made me realize a lot.

First let me just say that I was very uncomfortable the whole time there. There were points in time where I wanted to yell out a rebuttal to the religion or just leave the church completely. I couldn't stay still and I started to get hot flashes, weird huh?

But to my point:

People are so strict on defending their religion, but at what cost? There are people who risk their own lives or others just to show why their religion is the best one.

As an atheist, I get a lot of heat from others. I "came out" to my family, and that was the beginning of an endless debate. They were so quick to put down my beliefs and I had to defend why it was legit to me. I do not offend other religious people by putting down their religion. If you ask me what I think about a certain religion, I will give you my honest opinion without making the other person feel like crap.

I can't put down a religion that makes people feel better about them selves. I can't disrespect a religion that makes my mother cry. No one should tear any religion down just to come off on top.

In my opinion, religion brings hope to people. I find hope in not believing what others believe. People find hope in being blessed and attending a gathering. Don't judge. I always tell people to stand up for what they believe in no matter what.

So...

I believe _________________________________________________. Fill in the blank, and never look back.

Live Life, and go BEYOND it.

No comments:

Post a Comment