There are times where I have to reassure myself that it isn't the end, it is a new beginning.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pick Up The Pieces

I have been in a relationship for one year and five months, which unfortunately ended yesterday. I fell in love --and hard. Doesn't that suck? I remember seeing this posted somewhere:

"Falling in Love sounds exactly like it sounds: Falling. Expect it to hurt."

Man, I can't stress how accurate this quote is! I mean, it is every girl's dream to find the perfect man and fall in complete and utter love with them. It is every one's dream --please excuse me if I seem to be pushing it-- to find the right person to share their life with. For most of us, we look and search and give it our all but we don't always see the "other side" of it. What happens when you love someone who doesn't love you back? Or when love has reach its limit? Or when the love dies? I will tell you right now: IT HURTS!

With love, comes heartbreak. It is negative to think of it that way, but this is a fact that everyone realizes at one point. This doesn't mean don't let yourself love out of fear of feeling the pain or dealing with a broken heart. I am not implying that AT ALL. We are simply human, and we all must experience pain at multiple points in our lives. It is inevitable.

I might seem a little on the down side since I recently got my own heart broken. But, I know I will love again. As much as we might not want to, it is in our nature. Love is a part of living. And maybe love will guide me to the same person or it might lead me into the arms of another person. We all should face the fact that we are all going to fall in love and give our heart to the people who mean the world to us. With that amazing love and risk comes the chance of heartbreak and/or rejection. Take it though. Go ahead and LOVE. Take advantage of it.

Yes, it hurts. I will be honest with you: it feels like the end of the world. It is hard to see myself happy after this. It is like my heart broke into a million pieces. BUT in time, it will heal. I will find my way, and love will find me again. Sounds cliche, right? But, it is definitely true. Accepting this makes the pain that much more easier to bare.

So...

Don't be afraid to give your heart to someone. If it does break into a million pieces, then pick up the pieces and give it time.

Live Life, and go BEYOND it.

No comments:

Post a Comment