There are times where I have to reassure myself that it isn't the end, it is a new beginning.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Another Day, Another Body

My mother was right, people are dying everyday.

I mean...

Of course, people die everyday. But seeing it for yourself makes that statement mean much more.

NYC, to outsiders, seem to be the city that never sleeps. A place where everyone can follow their dreams and be surround by bright lights. However, NYC is exaggerated. All the lights and good life is just Time Square. There is more to NYC than that. NYC consist of five Boroughs, and I live in one of them: The Bronx. Yes, it has its perks like the Bronx Zoo, cheap stores and what not. Bronx's biggest downfall is the violence. There is simply too much of it.

Sadly, every time I turn to the news, someones life is taken, usually by a gun. I have friends on Facebook who update their status about witnessing a shooting or losing someone to it. Today, I seen two of those status from close friends of mine. It is sad how big of a part gun plays in my life. I was at the beach when there was a shooting. There was drive-by shooting right in front of my building. I even lost a friend of mine to a gun.

RIP TROY ZAPATA.

I been to more funerals than High School Graduations, isn't that sad?

"How many guns need to be shot, lives need to be lost, families need to be broken before we realize there is a problem with our generation?"

Life is too short.

So...

Live Life, and go BEYOND it.

No comments:

Post a Comment